Re: CAD software for PCB engineering and routing

On Saturday 21 June 2008 02:50:32 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/6/21 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com>:
> > On 20/06/2008, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  Motivate the people that you know to let the software houses know that
> >>  we want their software.
> >
> > And we want it with freedom.
>
> Write to them and tell them that if that is what is important to you.
> I personally would be satisfied paying thousands of dollars for
> Solidworks and not having access to the source code so long as it runs
> on my OS. But if you demand more, than by all means let them know.

If you're willing to pay thousands of dollars, why don't you find a n existing
FOSS program that's as close as possible to what you need, and pay someone -
rent-a-coder, if all else fails - to make the program do what you want?

	JW

--

System Administrator - Cedar Creek Software