Re: OT: MP3 Player for Ogg?

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> Is the iRiver T30 the best choice?  It looks pretty clunky though perhaps
> not as bad as my old cassette player.

It's decidedly better than an old cassette player. :)

I have one of these players - acquired it about 2 years ago at Sears 1/2 price.

It does work with linux. You probably want the package mtp-tools as
the player uses the MPT transport library. Inside that package are
command line tools to do things like send files to the player and so
forth, and you can use Amarok once it is setup, it'll use those
commands as a backend.

It will play oggs out of the box.

No special problems with this player except after 2 years of use the
solenoids get dirty which causes odd skips, loops cycling through the
browser. I can lock the player so that it doesn't do that, though.