Re: New version of fglrx broke my system

Gabriel Parrondo wrote:

> El vie, 20-06-2008 a las 19:29 +0200, Jonathan Kaye escribió:
>> It installed with no problem and after rebooting (yes, I have to do
>> this; starting and stopping the the Xserver doesn't get the new driver
>> working correctly)
>
> About this, have you ever tried this?:
> 1- Stop the X server;
> 2- 'rmmod fglrx';
> 4- Re-start X server
>
> [...]
Hi Gabriel,
That's a cool suggestion. I'll try it the next time I upgrade. Thanks for
the tip. You might try using the debs created directly from the
ATI-installer from the ATI website. Maybe you'll have better luck. Those
are the ones I always use and they haven't failed me yet.
Cheers,
Jonathan