Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2008 #1154

--- debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:

>A common characteristic of encrypted data is that it has
a low degree
of redundancy; the method for which I provided code
performs a
rudimentary test for redundancy in the data simply by
attempting to
compress it.  If you want a better method of attacking the
problem,
and to be sure there are more sophisticated techniques,
you will need
to learn about information theory.

 Thank you very much for your teaching. I'm looking for a
way to inspect strictly which range is encrypted in a
sequence of bytes which may contain plain data partially.
So I think your method is of limited use in my case any
way.
 Thanks again.

GANBARE! NIPPON! Chance to win 50,000 Yahoo! Points!
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ganbare-nippon/