Re: where is xmms?

On 19/06/08 22:34, Mark Allums wrote:
Ivan Glushkov wrote:
 > Hi all,
 > I have a sid x64 installed. I am wandering why there is no possibility
 > to install xmms?

If I understand correctly, xmms is no longer considered stable or reliable; it has no maintainer, and has been abandoned by the upstream maintainer. So, people using it need to transition to something else. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I would recommend Audacious. Previously I used winamp on Windows and xmms on Linux. Audacious is very similar in 'feel', very sleek and does the job. Plays mp3, mpc, ogg, flac, possibly many more :) Install plugins package as well.

--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann