Re: Portage, RPM or DPKG: number of packaged software comparison

On Tuesday 17 June 2008, Steve Lamb wrote:
> The program must include source code, and must allow
> distribution in source code as well as compiled form.

but there is the "non-free" section, which includes some
closed-source products that are proprietary in every way.  I
see license statements like  "Use is limited to non-profit
applications or evaluation purposes.". .....  "Make it clear
that this is a Freeware Light edition of a commercial product,
and as such may only be used for non-commercial or evaluation
purposes."

--  crippled demo ...