RE: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 18:46 +0800, Star Liu wrote:
> I have tried emesene, it's excellent! except that it refuses root to use it. :)

This is a feature, not a bug.  You should never, ever log in as root.
Just use your normal user account and only use root when root
permissions are actually needed.  If you're logged in as root right now,
log out, and log in as your regular user, before doing anything else,
then read this web page:

http://www.newlinuxuser.com/explain-why-not-log-on-as-root/

--
Paul Johnson