Re: Iceweasel 3 and gopher?

On Sun June 15 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > And as Paul Cartwright said, employers who want to block the web may
> > ignore Gopher.
>
> [sarcasm]Because gopher's not "the web"?[/sarcasm]

maybe they really don't know about Gopher, so they can't block what they don't
know?? You have to remember, I was talking about the early 90's.. around
1993..We had a whole group of people that all had Sun workstations. Back
then, they blocked outside use by sites, because there weren't that many:)
Then they finally put a block on all external sites, but just http.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800