Re: Debian on laptop

Hi E.S.

I'm using Dell Insiron 500m laptop, it works well with Debian. And I think any popular laptop could work well too.
Here is a short list of my hardwares:
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device
Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM AC'97 Audio Controller
Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter

For your mentioning cable modem, if you use PPPOE in MS win32, you could refer to
http://wiki.debian.org/PPPoE for using it in debian.

Regards,

Reeyarn