LaCie 2TB 2Big Dual + debian (LaCie SATA II PCI-Express eSATA cards)

Hi

I am looking at expanding my disk space on my box. I have turned my eye
to these little external boxes.

I was wondering has any one else on the list used one of these.

I was hoping to connect to it with esata (the reason for the lacie esata
controller). A quick google brings me lots of adds to sell but no into
on the controller and how I will see the drives.

My initial thought is to have them in hardware raid1 ( I am going to
raid them any way no need to flood the bus with twice the amount of
traffic).  If i use raid1 and esata will linux only see one drive  and
how do I tell if there is an error with the drive ?

Thanks

--
"Columbia carried in its payroll classroom experiments from some of our students in America."

	- George W. Bush
02/03/2003
Bethesda, MD