Re: Linux doesn't like DVD+R disks?

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:

Am I missing something simple?

I've also hit a recent snag with DVD+R, single layer, disks. In my case I'm able to burn them but not mount them. I've also been wondering if I'm missing something simple but haven't dug into the problem too far yet. Basically my problem goes something like this:

I take an .iso video DVD image, which I can mount via -o loop, play with xine, etc. I burn it to a DVD+R single layer disk via my external USB DVD burner. It burns successfully. Then if I try to mount it in the same drive it complains saying I need to specify the filesystem type. When I mounted the iso image the type was detected as udf without having to specify it. I try specifying udf as the type when trying to mount the disk and it still complains. I can pop said disk into either of my DVD players and it plays fine. Am I missing something simple?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX