Re: Atheros wifi interface disabled although drivers are loaded

Rehceb Rotkiv wrote:
Hi,

after reinstalling Debian on the same hardware, my wireless connection no
longer works.

- lspci shows that the wifi card is recognized (Atheros chipset).
- According to lsmod output, the correct driver modules are loaded (ath_pci
etc.).
- However, lshw still shows the device as "DISABLED".

How can that be? An internet search revealed that in cases like these,
people are usually reminded to flip the wifi activation switch in their
laptops ;-) But I am using a traditional box with a PCI wifi card, so I
really wonder where the problem might be. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Rehceb

I installed a wifi card using ndiswrapper, I needed to run "modprobe ndiswrapper" to get the card working. If this is your fix, you can add ndiswrapper to /etc/modules

Regards,
Craig.