Re: Video Adapter intel965

[ Please wrap your lines properly. ]

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 18:10:08 +0400, Сергей Овчар wrote:
> > >  In Etch the Intel i965 video controller is not supported
> > >  yet, but may be supported in Lenny.  If it is supported it is probably
> > >  in package xserver-xorg-video-i810.
> >
> > Uhm.
> >
> > Is this a different i965 card I don't realise? It's in the
> > xserver-xorg-video-intel driver. The manpage for the intel driver
> > lists: 965G, 965GM, and 945GME. Are none of these the particular 965
> > at hand here?
>
> I have installed xserver-xorg-video-intel package. PLEASE, anybody,
> tell me how can I get more questions from dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xorg?

I am not sure if this is possible anymore. The issue is known, see e.g.
bugs #482721 and #483618 or google the list archives.

This may not even be a bug; AFAIK, the Debian Xorg teams wants to switch
away from the configuration scripts to the auto-detection in Xorg.  This
auto-detection is supposed to work better now than the old configuration
script.

> xserver-xorg? It asks me ONLY about keyboard, keymap and toggle
> between languages. After this, it stops, and generate new config

Do you have any actual problems when you run X?

Most probably, the intel driver is used anyway; you can check this with

grep '/drivers/' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

If you are unhappy with the autodetected resolution: see "man xrandr".

          Florian   |