Re: PDF reader that overrides fonts

2008/6/6 Mumia W.. <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net>:
> Unless you're a Postscript programmer, this is not for the faint of heart,
> but it is possible to replace one PDF (or Poscript) font with another.

I'm not a postscript programmer... but I'm not faint of heart either...

> Read the debian-user thread that starts here:
>
> The options seem to be these:
> 1: Use Evince and create an Evince-hints file that redirects the handwriting
> font to another one.
> 2: Use xpdf and create a custom xpdf-includes file. (If you can grok "man
> xpdfrc," you're smarter than I am).
> 3: Use Ghostscript and set up a FONTPATH and create a font-name alias. Then
> tell Ghostscript to create a new PDF file "-sDEVICE=pdfwrite."

Ouch. This is not going to be easy...

> Probably all of these methods will require that you remove the embedded
> handwriting font from the Postscript file, and that'll be tricky. I'm not a
> Postscript programmer, but I do know that it should be possible to replace
> the font.
>
> If the file is not covered by any NDA or privacy restriction, you could send
> it to me, and I could try remove the offending font.

I appreciate the offer, I'm sending the file in private email. It is
not sensitive information, but I know better than to post attachments
to mailing lists. Thanks!

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il