[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Sliding OT

Marc Shapiro wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Hash: SHA1

On 06/04/08 11:24, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 09:40:20AM -0500, Preston Boyington wrote:
Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 12:13:09AM -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/02/08 23:28, Marc Shapiro wrote:

Wine is fermented from fruit.
Distilled wine is brandy.
Beer is fermented from grain.
Distilled beer is whiskey.
Corn beer?

Technically, yes.
Put it in your car and drive it.
do so carefully and best as an additive... it will burn holes in the top of the pistons. :D
Isn't Corn Beer the same as the standard Ethanol that is already added
to gasoline?

It obviously has ethanol in it, but -- like all beer -- it has a
very low percentage of alcohol.  That's why it must be distilled, no?
Yes. At only 3% - 4% alcohol in beer, the remaining 96% - 97% is water and stuff that will coat and clog the inside of your cylinders. And it wouldn't mix well with gasoline. Not a good thing. Gasoline containing ethanol contains 10% pure ethanol.

sorry, i was actually eluding to the "corn beer distilled into whiskey".

i've noticed the same (or similar) effect of burning the holes into the pistons while using too much acetone.

Reply to: