Re: ntp not any more supported in Debian or did I miss something?

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2008-06-02 08:37 +0200, Jean-Louis Crouzet wrote:

The subject shall tell you already a lot but lastely I had to remove
ntp from my machine.

Could you please elaborate why you had to do that?

I found this unfortunate and I'm just asking here
if this is normal or if this could have been anticipated?

If you use the testing distribution, please note that ntp has been
removed from it because of a license issue¹.  You should be able to
install the version from unstable², though.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=448408
² http://packages.debian.org/sid/ntp

Well, I think installing openntpd solved this licensing issue. I'm using lenny. Thanks, JL