Re: ntp not any more supported in Debian or did I miss something?

On 2008-06-02 08:37 +0200, Jean-Louis Crouzet wrote:

> The subject shall tell you already a lot but lastely I had to remove
> ntp from my machine.

Could you please elaborate why you had to do that?

> I found this unfortunate and I'm just asking here
> if this is normal or if this could have been anticipated?

If you use the testing distribution, please note that ntp has been
removed from it because of a license issue¹.  You should be able to
install the version from unstable², though.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=448408
² http://packages.debian.org/sid/ntp