Re: USB drive names

Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
I bought some USB external hard disks recently. They automount
beautifully on a Debian system. One is a "LACIE" disk, another one
is a Western Digital "Elements" disk.

They mount as /media/LaCie and /media/Elements respectively.
Question: is it possible to change those names? E.g., if I would
like to change the names to (say) Lassie1 and Lassie2, how could I
go about it? Also, where is the name of the mount directory (now
"/media") stored?

You can just change the volume label of those drives to whatever you want.

Regards, Jan

                                       -- Albert Einstein