Re: after hibernation loose sound

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 04:19:35PM +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:

> On Etch, after suspending to RAM (s2ram) on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro
> v3405 sometimes not works sound. Where should I search? How to start?
> Which logs? It happens 1/10 times.

You might need to load/unload your sound drivers at hibernation. Of
course, many applications will still be connected to an old sound sink
after reboot, so you'll need to kill and restart those, too.

I don't think much progress has been made in this regard, but at least
PulseAdio lets you move sound sinks. That might turn out to be helpful
for you.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"