Popfile broken after upgrade

I'm running Debian testing and use popfile to filter emails.

After an upgrade using synaptic something's gone wrong with popfile and it won't work. I've been trying to remove it to re-install it but get this:

yariknow:/home/mrkeef# dpkg -r popfile
(Reading database ... 264826 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing popfile ...
Stopping popfile: start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 15383: No such process No process in pidfile `/var/run/popfile/popfile.pid' found running; none killed.
invoke-rc.d: initscript popfile, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing popfile (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Starting popfile: popfile.
 popfile

Can someone please tell me how to get around this?

Thanks

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates