Re: Anti-gaming Behaviour of Keyboard Driver

On May 19, 12:40 pm, "Dmitryi & Elf" <sidhecha...@prodigy.net.mx>
wrote:
> Actually the problem is more straightforward. Quake locks key input when
> [Control] is pressed. That key is bound to fire, so until the fire action
> is released, the game won't recognise any new keypresses. Looks like
> scancodes get modified with [Control], and the game can't recognise them
> as valid bindings.
>
> A different key bound to +attack fixes it, but still, this is a bug in the
> three Quake ports installed.

Uhm...in my case I don't think it's the same issue. For some reason I
can't strafe backwards; this is, the combination of backpedal+strafe
works, but it doesn't get any more input, so I can't jump. I thought
it was a limitation of my keyboard...