Re: top command results from an ssh

avilella:

> how can I get the results of doing a "top" sorted by memory usage from
> an ssh command?

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do, but

$ ssh -t host top

will show top's output from the remote host in your current terminal.
You need the -t option when you want to force ssh to open a
pseudo-terminal. Ssh doesn't do that normally when you give it a command
to execute.

I cannot find a command line option to make top sort entries by memory
usage upon start, buy you can press 'M' while top is running and then
press 'W' and enter to save the current settings. These will be read
when top is started again, so it will probably achieve what you want.

J.
--
After the millenium I will shoot to kill.
[Agree]   [Disagree]