Re: gpg trust paths

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> wrote:
The wiki page for the recent OpenSSL vulnerability offers a perl script
for checking keys, and a gpg signature for that script, and a key id for
that signature (that of Florian Weimer)

I can import the key as shown, and show that the script was indeed
signed by that key.

However, gpg warns me that it can't tell that that key indeed belongs to
Florian Weimer.

How can I fill in that gap, to properly verify the file?

I have signed keys of several people who have been to keysigning parties
at several debconfs, so I feel I should have a trust path to anybody of
significance in the Debian community - though I could be proved wrong.

I've also added the debian keyserver to my ~/.gnupg/options, as well as
the keyring from the debian-keyring package.

Is there a step I'm missing?

AFAIU you'd need to have all keys of the entire path locally in your keyring in order for GPG to see a trusted path.  If you don't want to download all the missing keys you could try a PGP pathfinder on the web (there are several that are easily found).

/M