Re: Clearing SWAP

On 11/05/2008, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
>  The drive for individual happiness instead of
>  societal happiness is one of the key differences between Canadian
>  culture, as a whole, and American culture, as a whole.

That bunch of commie, tree-hugging, bilingual, polycultural, liberal,
flower power, hippies from Montréal were the ones who first introduced
me to Debian, so there may be something to what you say. Matter of
fact, when I left free software-friendly Mtl and went to other parts
of the world, I was surprised to see that not everyone embraced free
software as much as the Montrealers. I had my innocence taken from me
by the rest of the world. Tragically.

I do think that this whole "whatever is profitable is moral" mentality
to be strongly USian, but certainly not unique to them. It seems
common amongst other conquering, colonialist, warring nations.

Let's not talk about the common mentality of my native Mexico, where
we're like crabs in a bucket. Ever seen a bunch of crabs trying to get
out of a bucket, stepping over everyone else, the ones on top being
dragged by the ones on the bottom, and none of them getting out? Yeah,
let's not talk about that. :-)

- Jordi G. H.