Re: Clearing SWAP

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:06:39PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/5/9 Jordi Guti??rrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com>:
> > On 09/05/2008, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  Lots of proprietary  software is available for Linux.
> >
> > Yeah, it's a tragedy. Takers of code who don't give back code. :-(
> >

> That's why the GPL was written. The BSD (or was it MIT? I forget)
> license permitted Apple to do exactly what they did.

It's the BSD.  Also, apparently if you install unix services for windows
you get a CLI where you can run strings on all the windows binaries and
see all the BSD licenses.

The counter argument is that if that code was under GPL instead of BSD,
then windows and apple would have developed their own code stack and
implementation of TCP/IP and we would be trying to interoperate with
them.

Doug.