Re: Option to call apt install package to local directory

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 09:00:33PM +1000, hce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the command to make "apt-get install package" to install the
> package to my local directory rather than /usr?

I don't know of any such option for dpkg (which is what apt uses to
actually install the packages), but maybe you should explain what your
real goal is. The Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (see 'man hier') was
created for a purpose.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)