Re: I've lost my keyboard repeat.

Barry Samuels a écrit :
Since upgrading my Debian Testing system yesterday the keys on my keyboard no longer repeat when held down. I suspect the xserver-xorg packages as this problem occurs in any X application but the keys still repeat normally when in an ordinary text console.

I have just noticed another strange keyboard problem. The 'm' key produces a character only on every other keypress i.e. I have to press the 'm' key twice to get one character. All other letter keys are working normally. Anyone else experience this?

I don't experience the same problems, but I too have strange behaviors with my input device since xorh upgrade. The numpad lock isn't working properly, I have to press it three times to get it really lock the numpad on. I changed my xorg.conf from :

Option "XkbRules" "xfree86" (that was generated by kde control center)

to :

Option         "XkbRules" "xorg"

and it solved the numpad problem, it no some of my multimedia keys don't work anymore and the numpad led is turning of randomly... My keyboard is microsoft, maybe that's why... ;-) I also had to scratch my head to get evdev working properly with my mouse, and I still have lost the use of it in my virtual machines and any openGL drawn windows...

So fuzzy release maybe ? Try changing your xorg.conf settings, or generating one from scratch with

dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

to use as a safe base.