I've lost my keyboard repeat.

Since upgrading my Debian Testing system yesterday the keys on my
keyboard no longer repeat when held down. I suspect the xserver-xorg
packages as this problem occurs in any X application but the keys still
repeat normally when in an ordinary text console.

I have just noticed another strange keyboard problem. The 'm' key
produces a character only on every other keypress i.e. I have to press
the 'm' key twice to get one character. All other letter keys are
working normally.

Anyone else experience this?

--
Barry Samuels