Re: Debian-User To UseNet Reliability?

Doug Mitton wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I have been following Debian User for a long time now, via the UseNet
> group.  Lately I have replied to an issue or 2 (via the mailing list) but
> not all responses seem to make it to the UseNet.
>
> Are there any others who access it this way and have you noticed missing
> posts ... or is this possibly a problem with my usenet server?

Long time back, I had similar problems with usenet. Now a days, I am using
gmane news server. It works without any problems whatsoever.

> (This is such a high volume mailing list that the UseNet access is a nice
> alternative to a full mailbox all the time.)

I completely agree. Now a days, for all the public mailing lists, I use
gmane. I use my email account only for personal mail. Makes it much easier
to organize ones time and disk space.

hth
raju
--