Re: Issue with VMware (2)

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
What is this any-any patch I keep hearing about? I just run alien -c vmware.*.rpm and dpkg -i vmware*.deb.

Not finding alot of info on this any-any patch.

This any-any patch is needed if you are installing from the tar.gz, in order for vmware to compile the kernel modules (vmmon is the name I think). Now, if you are happy with that solution (which is more elegant, I must admit!), there's no need for any(-any) patches.

G.