Re: Issue with VMware (2)

Doug Mitton wrote:
(Sorry, repost due to error.)

On Mon, 05 May 2008 20:10:14 +0200, you wrote:

Hey all,

So I installed VMware server, had to use the any-any update for I use the
2.6.24 kernel and
when I try to run it, it says that same message as before running the
vmware-conifig.pl tool.

I also tried VMware Workstation trial, and that didn't work either.

I tried running vmware-config.pl after running the any-any update several
times, and I get the same message.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance

[]s

Hi;

For the 2.6.24 kernel you should use the "a" version of any-any from:
http://rtr.ca/vmware-2.6.24/

Also, there was an exploit found in the 2.6.24 kernel, you should be
using 2.6.24.2 as a minimum:
http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=89616
http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/5093

Good luck!

What is this any-any patch I keep hearing about? I just run alien -c vmware.*.rpm and dpkg -i vmware*.deb.

Not finding alot of info on this any-any patch.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com