Re: full control of connections

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 04:58:08PM +0000, frits wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 08:12:26PM +0200, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> > >     * From: frits <frits7@vulkor.net>
> > >The idea of different users is not really usable. I use my systems to
> > >work.
> > Can you elaborate?
> I read it as role-based internet access. I want application based
> access.

If you want this,

 application based firewall - Google Search
 http://www.google.com/search?q=application+based+firewall&num=100

finds inmediately

 TuxGuardian - An application-based firewall
 http://tuxguardian.sourceforge.net/

But I suspect that this two years old software will not work with the
CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y
kernel option.

I have abosolutely no experiece in such things, partly because I am
unable to see security advantages of application-based firewalls over
role-based ones.