Re: How do I change cursor/mouse pointer?

H.S. wrote the following on 05/07/2008 12:26 AM:
Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
Manu Hack wrote the following on 05/06/2008 01:11 PM:

Sorry, I tried both suggestions and I don't see any changes of differences in anything.

Dennis

Could you list the steps and actions you tried?

As per your previous:

On debian Lenny:

{~}$> apt-cache search cursors
big-cursor - larger mouse cursors for X
comixcursors - X11 mouse theme with a comic feeling
crystalcursors - X11 mouse theme with the crystal look&feel
dmz-cursor-theme - Style neutral, scalable cursor theme
icoutils - Create and extract MS Windows icons and cursors
libxcursor1 - X cursor management library
oxygencursors - Oxygen mouse cursor theme
python-psycopg2 - Python module for PostgreSQL
uqm - The Ur-Quan Masters - An inter-galatic adventure game
uqm-russian - Russian addon for 'The Ur-Quan Masters' game
uqm-content - The Ur-Quan Masters - Game data files

Then aptitude install big-cursor

Nothing changed so I went searching through Gnome menus for anything to do with mouse or cursor and found nothing that would give me any choices to change cursors or mouse pointers.

Then per per other response from Manu:

update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme

Chose a couple different ones and again nothing changed. Again I could find nothing in Gnome that allowed me to change cursors or mouse pointers.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!
Dennis