Re: more ash/dash/bash questions

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:29:44PM -0300, Otavio Exel wrote:

> some years ago I remember reading here that pointing /bin/sh to dash or
> ash would break a lot of important scripts in Debian;

$ ls -la `which sh`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 2008-05-07 09:20 /bin/sh -> dash

I had it like this for some time, but at some upgrade it was changed
back. Now I changed it again the Debian Way (tm), with

dpkg reconfigure dash

Using dash as /usr/sh is a release goal. If you use unstable or testing
and you find scripts that break you should file bugs.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)