Re: System Hang-up during boot

On May 6, 9:20 am, "Micaela Gallerini" <mat.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/6, Don Wood <dw...@aiserv.net>:
>

> >  I just installed  Debian v4.0 r3. Actually I installed it twice and
> >  got the same results each time. The Installation went ok without
> >  errors, as far as I know, but when I'm starting the system up it goes
> >  thru the normal program loading then the screen goes blank and the
> >  system hangs up. Nothing I  do, i.e.hitting any keys on the keyboard,
> >  will have any effect. The last message I can read during start up is
> >  "Starting NSF control utilities: statd". What is going on? I assume
> >  there must be a way of starting the system in a way where I can look
> >  at a log or perform some tests to determine what has happened.
>
> said so, seems that your account is lock in any way.
> - Do you had create root account and the user account with password?
> - Your network is active during the boot?
> do you configured the network during the installation? sometime if
> your router is active during the installation can create some problem
> like this.
> wich filesystem do you installed on?
> Have you try to install after a low resolution formatting?
>
> If you have other information can be useful say us please...^^
>
> regards,
>
> --
> "The truth is between two"
> Rashna
> Micaela Gallerini
>
> --

Yes I created a root account with a password. It never asks for a
account name or password.

I suppose the network is active. The system is connected via cable to
the hub. During install I did not specify a router.

The file system I installed is whatever the defaul is. I don't
remember being asked to make a choice.

What do you mean by "low resolution formatting"?

The install method I used was the automatic one, not the expert mode.

Don Wood