Re: Barry? Also berry_charge

On 05/05/2008 11:02 PM, Carl Fink wrote:
[...]
FATAL: Module /lib/modules/2.6.22_3_k7/kernel/drivers/usb/misc/berry_charge.ko not found.

So, is refusing to admit that a file which is clearly present in fact exists
a bug in the kernel worth reporting?

I may just go ahead and compile a custom kernl with berry_charge integral.

I'm able to load the berry_charge module without problems on my self-compiled 2.6.22 (486) kernel.

Check if you can load and unload other kernel modules. Something might be wrong with your modprobe utility.

Consider the possibility of architecture problems too. Maybe the module
doesn't work when compiled for K7. Of course, you probably already know that you can only install modules that match your currently running kernel.