Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish

>     * From: Rich Healey <healey.rich@gmail.com>
>Eterm sounds like what you're looking for... or xterm?

I have already tried all the debian x-terminal packages available since
debian 1.1 (evenb the "indecent" ones). For my eyes the are all _MUCH_
worse than the linux console (and in any case their look is always very
different from the console). But it might simply be that, despite my
searches, I am not able to configure them.