Re: Hplip

2008/5/6 David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il>:
> I have been unable to get this to recognize my HP printer, either looking
>  directly to the parallel port or using CUPS. I set the driver to the one
>  which includes hplip, manually changed the URI to hp://..., nothing helps. No
>  one on their forum could solve this.
>
>  Anyone had any luck with these utilities?

Running Etch here using hplip 1.6.10-3etch1 to run a HP Deskjet F2180
that my wife bought and I hate immensely. Wasn't particularly hard to
get it to work from memory.

I configured it with the instructions at linuxprinting.org. Also I use
CUPS here that might change things.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.