Re: Hplip

On Mon, 05 May 2008 22:30:08 +0300
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

Hello David,

> I have been unable to get this to recognize my HP printer, either
> looking directly to the parallel port or using CUPS. I set the driver
> to the one which includes hplip, manually changed the URI to
> hp://..., nothing helps. No one on their forum could solve this.
> Anyone had any luck with these utilities?

You don't say which version of Debian you're using, or which version of
HPLIP.  However, using Lenny and had version 2.7.10 of HPLIP working,
but 2.8.2 didn't recognise my printer;  It seems the hp: driver is
broken.  Consequently, I had to redo my printer configs in CUPS to get
anything working.

--
 Regards  _

I'll be the paint on the side if you'll be the tin
Love Song - The Damned