Re: Need Desperate Help Installing Debian-Builder

Yassir Saeed:

> I am trying to get my hands dirty with linux as a MS(CS) Advanced
> Operation system Final Project. So far i am going fine enough, but i
> am having a problem installing debian-builder package

Which version of Debian are you running? Etch (=stable), lenny
(=testing) or sid (=unstable)?

> i tried to install it from Aptitude (package manager) but there are
> lot of dependencies they have the message "unsatisfactory" or
> "unavailable".

Please post the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list of your
system and the output of 'apt-cache policy debian-builder'. If you are
using stable, you shouldn't have any problem installing debian-builder.

In the future, please copy and paste the exact error message you
receive.

> also i have no luck with apt-get. i do not know how to edit
> resources.list as "root",

Doing something "as root" means (most of the time) to open a terminal
window and type 'su' to change your user ID to root. All commands you
enter after 'su'ing will be run as root.

To edit files in a terminal, you can use 'vim' (which is hard to use if
you do not already know it) or nano (much easier, but not that
powerful).

J.
--
I cannot comprehend the idea of chemical and biological weapons.
[Agree]   [Disagree]