Re: Which distro for workstations?

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 09:32:48PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 11:24:39AM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> > Any non-flaming thoughts as to which distro to use for
> > workstations?
> What software do these workstations use?
> then OBSD either may not work at all, or be less easy to maintain than a
> debian box, since fixes are source patches.

one can also consider freebsd as a "intemediate step" between debian and
OBSD. As already said, all depends upon the software which must be used.

For example, I'm waiting for debian on freebsd kernel to be released to
do a migration of linux servers. On my workstations I am personally
bound to linux which is the only kernel which treats graphic consoles
and realtime the way I need, but fortunately debian stable and oldstable
is sufficient for my old hardware.