Re: watching Netflix on Debian

On 2008-05-03 21:14 +0200, Joey Hess wrote:

> Or you could crack the DRM.

Which, depending on your location, may be illegal even for private use
of material you legally bought.  For instance, such is the situation in
the country where I chose to be born and to live.

> Which is, after all, the only way that all
> us linux netflix subscribers are able to consume the DRMed media they ship
> to us on plastic.

So far, I got away without such pursuing such media, but the situation
may get worse in the future, e.g. with Blue Ray Discs (witness the great
efforts that M$ put into DRM in Vista). :-/

Sven