Re: watching Netflix on Debian

Rogelio wrote:

> Has anyone here been able to view Netflix movies on Debian?  (It requires
> Internet Explorer, and I'm wondering what the workaround is for Firefox)

I have read somewhere online that you can't do this in Linux. The problem is
not on the Debian side (not even on the Linux side). It was to do with the
proprietary DRM authentication stuff which the movie studios impose on
netflix. It seems the DRM authentication (or some other authentication) is
possible only under Windows, Mac. That is why netflix requires you to have
Windows or Mac to watch their online videos.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi