Re: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found

On May 2, 2:10 pm, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> >   I am trying to figure out how to compile a program using an older
> > GLIBC / GLIBCXX API so that I can send the compiled program to someone
> > using an older gcc version. This seems like a trivial problem, but I
> > cannot find any tutoral on what flags to turn on/off on google...
>
> Not exactly what you want, but can't -static help?

Thanks Eduardo, but I'd like to avoid static linking.

Just for reference, I had better luck posting in the g++ specific
nesgroup.
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.g++.help/browse_thread/thread/cd3af5573ee9498a/34147fa106c019cb#34147fa106c019cb

-Mathieu