sync ftp-folders (rsync?)

Hi,

I want to sync my Pocket PC with etch, and I have all data on a storage
card. So I want to run an ftp-server an the Pocket PC (I use a
network-card) or simply sync via cardreader, because this is more
"universal", easier and more reliable than using something like synce,
and I don't want to sync contacts, appointments etc. On Pocket PC-side
it's no problem for me, but which is the best program in etch for doing
this? I think once I used rsync, but this is long ago. Before setting up
everything I want to make sure if rsync is still state of the art or if
in the meantime any better program was released. I don't want to use any
non-etch/testing/unstable program.
Thanks in advance!
J. Schmitt