Re: software raid5 array degrades from initrd

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 02:45:04PM +0200, Dexter Filmore wrote:
> So here's the story:
[snip]
> Now: what's going on here? both onboard 3114 and pci 3114 controllers are
> handled by the same kernel module, so either initrd sees all or none.
> Why would it not wanna see the 5th disk from initrd, but when I manually
> assemble, it's fine?
>
> Dex
Used to have a similar problem.

look in /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf make sure the arrays is defined properly
in there also make sure you have
DEVICE partitions

or at least have it pointing to all the right devices/partitions

then update your initramfs

from memory the problem i had was I had not fully specified my array in
/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf. Another way to put it they array information in
the initram fs was from an old array specification and only part of the
array would get started.

another thing you can try is entering busybox during the initrd process
just before it starts/load /

alex