Re: Changing in the BIOS HDD settings when Debian have installed

On 2008-05-02 12:42 +0200, Paul Csanyi wrote:

> I have installed on HDD: SATA WDC WD3200YS-01P Debian GNU/Linux Etch
> on the second partition.
>
> I must to install on this PC box M$ Win too, on the first partition.

Too bad, but could you tell which version of Windows?  Older versions
have problems with hard disks over 128 GiB.

> Running fdisk -l I get informations of the cylinders:
>
> Disk /dev/sda: 320.0 GB, 320072933376 bytes
> 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders
>
> I think that that this geometry isn't compliant with the other OS
> (Win) so I must to change this settings in the BIOS.

Could you elaborate why this should be a problem?  I don't see if
offhand.

> But then I don't know whether can I boot again my Debian Etch?

Could very well be a problem if you switch to some ancient CHS
addressing (if your BIOS offers that at all).

Sven