Re: libpam_umask setup

>     * From: Bug <recvfrom@gmail.com>
>But when I login in, I still get umask 022.  What step am I missing?

I do not use pam_umask , but:

(1) /usr/share/doc/libpam-umask/README says:

If a user has a .pam_umask
in his home directory, the contents will be used to set the umask.

(2)    Linkname: pam_umask(8) - Linux man page
says

   The PAM module tries to get the umask value from the following places in the following
   order:
     * umask= argument
     * umask= entry of the users GECOS field
     * pri= entry of the users GECOS field
     * ulimit= entry of the users GECOS field
     * UMASK= entry from /etc/default/login
     * UMASK entry from /etc/login.defs

It also speaks about a debug option.

Looking at the sources (apt-get source libpam-umask), I dubt that the
man page applies to the debian version of libpam-umask, but a look at
the above files (/etc/passwd) might be worthy.

(3) perhaps a

# strace -f -o /tmp/login.strace.log login -f user

might help