Re: Flickering mouse pointer (nvidia-glx, Etch, amd64)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 04:29:34PM -0400, Martin Breguet wrote:
> I have a Nvidia GeForce 7300.
>
> On a Lenny box, it works "out of the box". On an Etch box, it installs with
> Vesa, and once you enable contrib & non-free in the sources.list, you can
> install either "nv" or "nvidia-glx".
>
> I am on my amd64 Etch box. Everything is fine, I use the "nvidia-glx"
> drivers....
>
> ...But my mouse's pointer is flickering when apps are loading (!!!), for
> instance, when a web-page is loading, or any app (OOo, etc...) is loading...
>
> -Would you guys know how to make the flickering pointer stop ?

I run Etch with the etch nvidia modules et.al. on my EN7300GT silent
with 256 MB video ram on amd64 with an AMD Athlon64 3800+ with 1x 1GB
stick.  There is no flicker.

I give this detail incase your problem is a CPU issue.  Try running top
with a .25 sec delay and see if there is a resource problem.

Doug.