Re: undefined reference to `gettid'

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Should I simply assumed that gettid should not be used and instead
> replaced it with pthread_self as this should be the default on all
> linux/debian system ?
>

>From man gettid(2):

NOTES
       Glibc does not provide a wrapper for this system call;  call  it
using
       syscall(2).

       The  thread  ID  returned by this call is not the same thing as a
POSIX
       thread ID (i.e., the opaque value returned by pthread_self(3)).

However, concerning if you *should* call it via syscall, I cannot help.

--
Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones,
as the wind blows out candles and fans fires.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb